We know that you can run though pain however in order for you to have a long career as a runner it is not good to not help your body recover and heal. The longer you leave your pain or injury uncheck the longer it will take you to heal from the damage.
Our Sports Massage Therapists can help you increase blood flow for greater reduction in swelling and increase capacity for healing.
Common Injuries that we work with during marathon training and competition season:
- Runner's knee is a wearing away of the back of the kneecap, causing pain in the knee.
- Iliotibial band syndrome, a.k.a. ITBS Marked by a sharp, burning knee or hip pain, ITBS is a very common running injury among marathoners. Indeed, it's responsible for as many as 80% of all overuse pains on marathon day. Massage is GREAT for this!!!!
- Shin splints The most common type of shin splints happen on the inside of legs.
- Plantar fasciitis is also known as pain in the middle of arch of the foot.
- Achilles tendonitis is a running injury that typically occurs from abnormal foot strokestroke in push-off and too-tight calf muscles
- Muscle Pulls for example hamstring, quads, or any other muscle, pulls come from not being flexible and/or overexerting specific muscles.