Deb Engelgau is an Ohio licensed acupuncturist and is nationally certified by NCCAOM. She received her training at the American Institute of Alternative Medicine by completing over 2200 hours of specialized training in Traditional Chinese Medicine theory and clinical practice. She also conducted a foreign internship in Beijing, China. While acupuncture can treat a wide variety of health concerns, Deb has a special interest in, and additional specialized training in, the following:
- the treatment of acute and chronic pain, utilizing a combination of traditional acupuncture and more precise motor point locations (the entrance site of the motor nerve into the muscle)
- sports injuries, utilizing manual muscle testing, acupuncture and motor point locations, and muscle release techniques.
- the treatment of women's gynecological and infertility issues by working in partnership with a practitioner of Maya Abdominal massage.
- the treatment of digestive issues and chronic fatigue utilizing acupuncture and training in emotional self-regulation techniques
- the treatment of stress/anxiety/depression utilizing acupuncture and training in emotional self-regulation techniques
For a complete list of health concerns addressed by acupuncture, check out Deb's website at